Govt. of India, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Directorate General of Employment, Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY), a scheme to incentivise employers registered with the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) for job creation by the Government paying the 8.33% contribution of employers to the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) in respect of new employees having a UAN. For the textile (apparel) sector, the Government will also be paying the 3.67% Employees Provident Fund (EPF) contribution of the eligible employer for these new employees. The Scheme will be operational with effect from 09″ August, 2016,Establishment Eligible for this Scheme.
- New Establishments getting registered with EPFO after 01st April, 2016.
Employees Eligible for this Scheme.
- New employee, is an employee earning less than Rs. 15000 per month, who was not working in any establishment registered with the EPFO in the past and did not have a universal account number prior to 01st April, 2016
All eligible establishments registered with EPFO can apply for availing benefits under the scheme subject to the following conditions:
- Establishment Registered with the EPFO should also have a Labour Identification Number (LIN) allotted to them under the shram suvidha portal. The LIN will be the primary reference number for all communication to be made under the PMRPY scheme.
- The employers will continue to get the 33% contribution paid by the Govt. for these eligible new employees for the next 3 years, provided they continue in employment by the same employer. The 8.33% contribution will be paid by GOI after the employer has remitted the 3.67% EPF contribution for these new employees each month. To avoid any penalty on the EPF/EPS contribution, the employer is advised to submit the PMRPY online form at the earliest, preferably by the 10th of the following month.
- In case of textile (apparel) sector, the employers are also eligible to get the67% EPF contribution paid by the Government as mentioned in the PMRPY on-line form, in particular NIC Codes 1410 and 1430.
Textile Industry : Garments Exports, Manufacturing of Fashion Garments ,Wearing Garments etc